scroll down

Tradition 

Company history

1952

Foundation of the company by Walter Schimmel in Lützellinden / Hessen (Germany).

1955

Taking on of our first trainee.

1960

Transformation of the enterprise into the legal form of a limited commercial partnership (Kommanditgesellschaft, KG), the Walter Schimmel GmbH & Co. KG

1967

Turned parts produced by our company are built into the equipment of the Apollo Mission and travel into space (Space Systems Laboratory).

1973

Dieter Alban joins the company to assume the role of limited partner.

1993

Dieter Alban is the new managing director, after Walter Schimmel, the founder of the company, retires from the active service for the company.

1994

The name of the company changes to Walter Schimmel GmbH & Co. KG; foundation of the Walter Schimmel Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH, Executive Partner: Dieter Alban.

1996

Start of construction of the new production site in Hüttenberg, with 1,000 sqm of hall area.

1998

Walter Schimmel dies on 28th Februar. In March the company relocates to the new buildings in Hüttenberg. Matthias Alban, graduate engineer, joins the company in April.

2002

50th anniversary of the company Walter Schimmel.

2002

After some 20 years without training activities, new trainees are taken in August this year, to obtain the qualification of a "mechanic in the field of chipping and machining technology, specialist in the field of turning technology" ("Zerspanungsmechaniker Fachrichtung Drehtechnik")

2003

Certified implementation of a quality management system according to DIN EN ISO 9001.

2004

Alexander Alban, graduate IBS, joins the company in April.

2008

Matthias Alban and Alexander Alban are joining the company as partners and managing directors in Juli.

2011

In November, the construction of a new production area (1.000 sqm) as well as new social and functional rooms (400sqm) starts.

2012

In July, the new production area as well as social and functional rooms are put into use. 

2013 ff

Machinery and measuring equipment is continuously expanded and enhanced

2015

The head count of the company exceeds 50 for the first time.

2018

Transition audit successfull - DIN EN ISO 9001:20015 certified.

 


Print
Contact us

We are located here:
Werrastrasse 8
35625 Hüttenberg

06403 - 6403 9077-0

scroll down